This is one of those tricky styles that seems like it was invented for only the coolest gals.
How do you wear the "boyfriend" jean without looking mom-ish? The biggest secret to pulling this off is confidence. And no, you can't buy that. The good news is that confidence is one of those "fake it till you make it" type things.
Here's my favorite way to wear the look:
HOW TO STYLE SLOUCHY BF JEANS
1. Overall, keep it simple.
2. The top should be effortless and relaxed. Keep it slightly loose - not overly fitted, and not voluminous.
3. Maximize on clean lines and minimalism to keep the slouchiness balanced.
4. When in doubt, pair with black.
5. Leather makes these jeans more badass, and erases all notions of hippies and moms.
6. No horizontal stripes. Period.
7. Keep the cuffs rolled up just past the ankle. An important detail that keeps you from looking swallowed up in a giant denim tarp, and places emphasis on the fact that you do have legs.
8. Have fun with the shoes! Almost anything goes.
Your Turn. Have you given these a whirl? What's your favorite way to wear them?